Traditionally Xiaomi and their Android customization called MIUI belongs to the most troubled on the market with respect to non-standard background process limitations and non-standard permissions. There are no APIs and no documentation for those extensions. In default settings background processing simply does not work right and apps using them will break.
NOTE: Android One devices by Xiaomi work much better than MIUI-based devices. So if you like Xiaomi we definitely recommend to look for their Android One offering.
To let your app run successfully in the background, make sure your settings look like the following (here for example is Sleep as Android):
- Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery manager > Power plan is set to Performance
- Device Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Protected apps – your app needs to be Protected
- Device Settings > Apps > your app > Battery > Power-intensive prompt and Keep running after screen off
- Settings > Additional Settings > Battery & Performance > Manage apps’ battery usage and here:
- Switch Power Saving Modes to Off
- Choose the next options: Saving Power in The Background > Choose apps > select your app > Background Settings > No restrictions
App battery saver
Security > Battery > App Battery Saver > your app > No restriction
(according to Xiaomi:
Open Security app > Permissions > Auto-start
Enable Autostart for desired apps.
When you open recent apps tray, drag your app downwards – it will be locked. So even if you clear recent apps it will not clear from the background. Drag downwards again to clear your app from the background.
At the moment we don’t know of any solution on dev end.
Copy embed code to clipboard