Traditionally Huawei and their Android customization called EMUI belongs to the most troubled on the market with respect to non-standard background process limitations. There are no APIs and no documentation for those extensions. In default settings background processing simply does not work right and apps working in background will break.
Adjust your settings:
- Phone settings > Advanced Settings > Battery manager > Power plan is set to Performance
- Phone Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Protected apps – check for your app as Protected
- Phone Settings > Apps > Your app > Battery > Power-intensive prompt [x] and Keep running after screen off [x]
- Phone settings > Apps > Advanced (At the bottom) > Ignore optimisations > Press Allowed > All apps > Find your app on the list and set to Allow
Huawei P9 Plus:
- Phone settings > Apps > Settings > Special access > Ignore battery optimisation > select allow for your app.
- Phone settings > Battery > App launch and then set your app to “Manage manually” and make sure everything is turned on.
Huawei Honor 9 Lite and Huawei Mate 9 Pro:
- Phone settings > Battery > Launch and then set your app to “Manage manually” and make sure everything is turned on.
No known solution on developer end
Copy embed code to clipboard